ISO 9001:2015, Quality management systems – Requirements
What is ISO 9001? ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems is the most fundamental management system standard and allows customers to be confident they can expect the same product or service, time and time again, without variation. Moreover, through the continual improvement process, the product or service can only improve. Well over a million organisations throughout the world across every industry sector have adopted ISO 9001 to achieve uniformity in their business processes.
Quality Management System Requirements – a Quality Management System (QMS) requires organisations to:
• understand their external & internal issues, and interested parties
• have a Quality Policy describing senior management’s commitment
• embrace risks and opportunities throughout the business
• develop and monitor quality objectives
• ensure staff are competent and understand the quality management system
• ensure customers’ requirements are clearly understood and met
• design new products & services in a controlled manner
• control any outsourced work and purchasing of materials
• control work so the final product or service is as planned
• monitor performance and customer satisfaction
• control nonconformances and nonconforming product
• take corrective action for significant or repetitive nonconformances
• conduct internal audits of the quality management system
• ensure senior management strategically review the quality management system.
• Quality Policy – typically one page document declaring commitment to quality
• Quality or Management Manual – documenting as much or as little as you want but, typically, briefly addressing the clauses of ISO 9001
• Procedures or Work Instructions – recipes for doing business; as many or as few as you need; ideally they are brief instructions for employees to follow
• Forms – as the business requires
• Registers – for quality objectives, nonconformances and corrective action.
Implementing a Quality Management System:
Benefits of a Quality Management System:
• increased efficiency
• reduced costs
• increased customer satisfaction and repeat business
• increased morale and motivation of staff
• enhanced company profile
• confidence that the business will operate as intended
• ability to allow employees to get on with the job without direct supervision
• meet client, pre-qualification or regulatory requirements.
TQCSI Certification Process:
• contact your TQCSI Office and ask for a quote or apply on-line - TQCSI will need to know what your business does and how many employees (full time equivalent)
• to prevent delays, don’t wait until your Quality Management System is fully implemented.
Certification Mark for Quality Management System:
The certification mark can be used on all promotional material to promote your certification.