ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management System Requirements
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems is the most fundamental management system standard and allows customers to be confident they can expect the same product or service, time and time again, without variation. Moreover, through the continual improvement process, the product or service can only improve. Well over a million organisations throughout the world across every industry sector have adopted ISO 9001 to achieve uniformity in their business processes.
Quality Management System Requirements
A Quality Management System (QMS) requires organisations to:
- understand their external & internal issues, and interested parties
- have a Quality Policy describing senior management’s commitment – typically one page document declaring commitment to quality
- embrace risks and opportunities throughout the business
- develop a Quality or Management Manual – documenting as much or as little as you want but, typically, briefly addressing the clauses of ISO 9001
- develop procedures or work instructions – recipes for doing business; as many or as few as you need; ideally they are brief instructions for employees to follow
- develop and monitor quality objectives
- ensure staff are competent and understand the quality management system
- ensure customers’ requirements are clearly understood and met
- design new products & services in a controlled manner
- control any outsourced work and purchasing of materials
- control work so the final product or service is as planned
- monitor performance and customer satisfaction
- control nonconformances and nonconforming product
- take corrective action for significant or repetitive nonconformances
- conduct internal audits of the quality management system
- ensure senior management strategically review the quality management system.
- Quality Policy
- Quality or Management Manual
- Procedures or Work Instructions
- Quality Improvement Plan (monitoring quality objectives and targets)
- Registers – for nonconformances and corrective action.
Implementing a Quality Management System:
Benefits of a Quality Management System:
- increased efficiency
- reduced costs
- increased customer satisfaction and repeat business
- increased morale and motivation of staff
- enhanced company profile
- confidence that the business will operate as intended
- ability to allow employees to get on with the job without direct supervision
- meeting client, pre-qualification or regulatory requirements
- easily integrated with other management systems.
TQCSI Certification Process:
- contact your TQCSI Office and ask for a quote or apply on-line - TQCSI will need to know what your business does and how many employees (full time equivalent)
- to prevent delays, don’t wait until your Quality Management System is fully implemented.
Certification Mark for Quality Management System:
The certification mark can be used on all marketing material to promote your certification.