TQCSI HR Compliance Code:2019
What is the HR Compliance Code?
TQCSI’s Human Resources (HR) Compliance Code is a standard to which companies can develop a HR compliance management system and, with certification, demonstrate their compliance to fundamental HR requirements.
Complimenting a number of international standards, it embraces best practice requirements of all organisations for human resources and it is equally applicable to small companies and large organisations.
HR compliance is a fundamental legal requirement for all organisations.
HR Compliance System Requirements
A HR Compliance Management System requires organisations to:
- understand their HR related external & internal issues, and interested parties
- have a HR Policy describing senior management’s commitment
- understand their legislative requirements
- have policies and procedures to meet their legislative requirements
- assess potential HR compliance related risks
- develop and monitor HR objectives and targets
- ensure staff are competent and understand their HR requirements
- manage contractors’ and subcontractors’ HR obligations
- identify and resolve HR problems
- take corrective action for significant or repetitive HR problems
- conduct internal audits of the HR management system
- conduct system review of the HR management system.
- HR Policy – typically a one page document declaring commitment to HR compliance
- Policies for HR related requirements
- HR Procedures – ideally they are brief instructions for employees to follow (eg grievance process)
- HR Forms
- HR Risk Register
- HR Objectives & Targets Register
- Training & Compliance Register
- Problems Register
- Corrective Action Register.
Implementing a HR Compliance Management System:
Why use TQCSI’s HR Code and an effective HR Compliance Management System:
- ensure awareness of and abide by relevant legislation, agreements and conventions people work under
- meet government and major customer requirements to manage people, legislative compliance, ethical operations, cultural integrity and contractor control
- ensure workplaces have transparent and compliant performance management systems, dispute resolution and grievance systems, and codes of behaviour
- provide an inclusive environment where people work without fear or intimidation
- demonstrate the ability to reliably work with larger organisations
- assure employees that their pay, superannuation, taxation and benefits are correct
- extending the existing inventory from aspirational guidelines to concrete compliance to contemporary ‘Human Resources’ requirements
- reduced risk through assessment of HR threats
- 3rd party certification may reduce any need for 2nd party audits
- gain stakeholder and customer trust that their data is protected
- improved efficiency
- enhanced company profile
- confidence that your employees are being treated fairly.
TQCSI Certification Process:
- contact your TQCSI Office and ask for a quote or apply on-line - TQCSI will need to know what your business does and how many employees (full time equivalent)
- to prevent delays, don’t wait until your HR Compliance Management System is fully implemented.
Certification Mark for HR Compliance Code:
The certification mark can be used on all promotional material to promote your certification.
To access the HR Compliance Code, Click Here.